Friday, March 28, 2008

the state of the nation: a mystical biography

1 - gaining a sense of the divine or birth (taste)

birds twitter
as the Ravens caw
amidst the city din --

2 - the emptying of self or hardship (smell)

I'm not sure of
where I find myself
the room that I am in --

there is many a way that I can say
'distrust in these words with ease'

I'm not sure of the place I'm in
because of you, black eternity --

a tale told of mystery
a sea of mystic fire
and all the world that I am in
it is a bleak quagmire

reminiscent
of the sea --

I'm not so sure of all
the things you've been telling me
of this and that and all and sundry --

I'm not so sure of reality
though places come
and places go
and in between am I
and that is changing as I go
from here to there and why

3 - return to the divine or maturity (sight)

because of change and change rearranged
as change of change and change
deranged arranged as reigning change of love --

4 - the dark night of the soul or decadence (hearing)

As thick, as dark, as night to light
as to the why of we
and there we go as in a flight
of angels partingly

5 - the total identification with the All that is or transformation (touch)

We come and this is what we see
of all that is around
that what we are and what we hear
is all a momentous sound

no words can take what you muddle in your befuddled brain

No words can say what I am hearing
the birds a twitter or the bleakly
caw of the black raven
the carrion of black liberty --

the birds a twitter and the
Raven caws in the sin of city din
insisting on a deranged liberty -- a noble erasure

No comments: