Saturday, January 05, 2008

Dirt: the dirt on dirt



WORMS desire,
the little peccadilloes,
inside the flirt you flaunt.

Lilting, the way you say
oh, Baby come on
I need my BONE today!

d
o
w
n
with the DIRT
WORMs will have their way ~~~

a BONE of truth
is stuck inside;
the DIRT of your denial

WORMs within;
as dark muddies
the refuge of desire.

BONE up to destiny.
the DIRTs on you!
say it isn’t so --

I'm abstracting because I'm digging the dirt metaphor for first principles of Linguistic creation: why is DIRT used as a metaphor for lowliness and lowliness as a derogatory assignation? Dirt is full of life and all manner of creatures inside that make up you and me. You are DIRTY they say scrunching their faces as if you smell of rot and doo doo and all things dirty are better off dead! I'm a heathen it was said, an assignation of dirt you see, all over me, I'm mud and clay and so much more, shall I be. All dirt is made from Mountains and Mountains are made from Fire and a Star exploded in ancient space for all this to transpire. So I am DIRT you know, so my writing does show! From dirt I come to Stars I shall return but first through the lowly worm!

minimalism at play: the hole is filled by the dirt you dig up and the worm cleaned bones of your inferences


No comments: